Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and Raw! Yummy Cookies.



These cookies were SUPER easy to make, very inexpensive, and very healthy. You can bake them if you'd like, but I just stuck them in a dehydrator for a few hours and they were SO yummy. They are vegan, raw, and gluten free. Here lies the challenge. . .when I make up recipes I don't measure! So I will do the best I can. 





 I do know that I added:
2 ripe bananas (soft, but not too brown)
about 1 cup of gluten free oatmeal
1 t. vanilla (i love vanilla so you can adjust to your taste)
about 1/2 t. cinnamon
honey to taste (about 1 tbs)
pecans, raisins, and coconut (w/no sugar) to taste
water (about 1/4-1/2 c.)




 I smash the the bananas and then pour in the water. Then I add the cinnamon and vanilla. Then I fold in the oats. When it's mixed well, I add the pecans (cut into small pieces), raisins, and coconuts. I then form then into cookie shapes, put them on a dehydrator sheet, and place them on about 105 degrees for a few hours until they are the consistency I like. If you prefer to bake them in an oven you can put them on 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. My kids love these!




If you'd prefer a fat free version you can omit the pecans. The ingredients are easy to find and pretty inexpensive. Most importantly, they are good for you and the kids will love them! Enjoy!

Have a Happy, Healthy, and Frugal day! Live Simple. =)

2 comments:

  1. I just came here from Pinterest. These sound really yummy, but they're not vegan because of the honey. I think agave nectar would work in place of the honey and then they'd be vegan. I also wanted to say, I'm loving your blog and can't wait to implement some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! The recipe kind of reminds me of my mom' recipe for old fashioned "preacher cookies", the ones you throw together when you see the preacher coming down your walk to the door... :) Quick, tasty and no cook! I found you on Pinterest and have bookmarked you for future reading. Thanks again! elle
    www.aviewfromthecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete